Having upbeat music can really make or break a workout! I run with and without music depending on whether or not I have a running partner and when I’m outside I do like to just enjoy the outdoors. My play lists range from metal to top 40 and when I need a good motivator, music can really take me there.
Early this morning I hit the track for a Sprint workout aimed at reaching muscle failure. That’s right – cardio to muscle failure! I knew I needed something pretty hard hitting to get me there! I’ll share more of my playlists from a variety of music genres but here are the first fifteen songs on a metal play list that helped keep me motivated today:
1. Stronger – Emphatic (local Omaha band – check them out!)
2. Na Na Na – My Chemical Romance
3. You’re Going Down – Sick Puppies
4. Hero – Skillet
5. Calm Like a Bomb – Rage Against the Machine
6. Grits and Oatmeal – Porkbelly (another local Omaha band – check them out too!)
7. The Bleeding – Five Finger Death Punch
8. Scream – Avenged Sevenfold
9. I’m Shipping Up to Boston – Dropkick Murphy’s
10. Cold (But I’m Still Here) – Evans Blue
11. Afterlife – Avenged Sevenfold
12. Hell Yeah – Rev Theory
13. Boom – P.O.D
14. Hold On – All that Remains
15. Kick in the Teeth – Papa Roach
My Facebook friend Paula posted this link this morning and I love it! Check out the 100 best workout songs!
It’s broken down into Rap and R&B, Power Up, Dance Workout, Motivational Workout, Remixes, Yoga and Cool Down, Strength Training, Country, Rock, and the best of all time! They even have tips on building a play list!