“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.” – Edith Lovejoy Pierce
|My metallic journal from B&N|
I like to set specific goals for the different areas of my life based on the Five Essential Elements of Well-being articulated by Gallup:
The Gallup book is a great testament to bringing wellbeing into every aspect of your life and ensuring that there is true balance. A GREAT read that I highly recommend for anyone looking to keep your wellbeing well-rounded.
1. The first element is about how you occupy your time or simply liking what you do every day: your Career Wellbeing.
2. The second element is about having strong relationships and love in your life: your Social Wellbeing.
3. The third element is about effectively managing your economic life: your Financial Wellbeing.
4. The fourth element is about having good health and enough energy to get things done on a daily basis: your Physical Wellbeing.
5. The fifth element is about the sense of engagement you have with the area where you live: your Community Wellbeing.
Setting goals are personal and to ensure you stick with them, I encourage you to write them down and revisit them on a regular basis. Think and journal about what you want and what you are doing to make it happen! I’ll be here, with a team of experts with realistic tips to get you there!