Many of you know I blog for Spartan Race about food and other special interest topics. Spartan has been committed to proving not only training but nutritional information for their athletes and now they letting me create a cookbook, and I need YOUR help! The cookbook is dedicated to the Spartan Nation and to getting healthy recipes into your hands and ultimately into your bellies. Part of the beauty of that is featuring YOU and your stories.
Spartan Race is dedicated to real athletes and meaningful training and eating right. “Clean” eating is about not eating processed foods and getting whole ingredients and preparing food that’s fuel for your body and still delicious.
There are two parts to this contest:
1. Spartan Nation Clean Recipes
This contest is seeking out great clean recipes and great stories about our Spartan racers who submit them. You’ve all read about my “Kick you in the Face Pancakes” or my “Barn Beast Breakfast Burritos” (inspired by Jason Jaksetic and his heroic 100 mile snow shoe.) Now it’s your turn to share with me at Spartan Race about all the rad clean cooking you are doing in your kitchens.
- Submit your recipes, whether they are main dishes, appetizers, breads, desserts, WHATEVER, to me at Carrie@spartanrace.com Remember to “Keep them Clean”!
- Along with your recipe send a .jpg or.gif photo file of the finished product, a .jpg or .gif photo file of yourself, a paragraph or two about you, about your recipe, and about what inspires you. ( Video footage is welcome too.)
- Winners will be announced in conjunction with each Spartan event and featured here on the Spartan blog, on the Spartan FB page, and on here! If you win, your recipe could even be featured in the upcoming Spartan nutrition cookbook.
- DEADLINE: Sunday, June 1, 2011 at midnight.
2. Carrie’s Clean Recipe Challenge
Don’t think it’s possible to make your favorite pizza or friend chicken “clean”? I think I can!! I do believe you can make anything “clean and I am always making traditional, hearty meals squeaky clean but let’s see if you can really challenge me!
- Send emails to email@example.com with the challenge recipes: main dishes, appetizers, breads, desserts, WHATEVER.
- Along with your challenge recipe, send a .jpg or.gif photo file of yourself, a paragraph or two about you, about why you want to clean up this recipe, and about what inspires you. (Video footage is welcome as well.)
- The selected dishes and “cleaned up” recipes will be announced in conjunction with each Spartan event and featured on the Spartan Blog, Spartan FB page, and Carrie’s website. If you win, your inspired recipe and story could even be featured in the upcoming Spartan nutrition cookbook.
- EXTENDED DEADLINE: June 1, 2011 at midnight.